I am toying with the idea of having the following things be true and what the impacts would be:
- We go back to not directly electing senators
- The house is abolished and replaced with 2 different bodies
- Body 1 would focus on economic issues
- Body 2 would focus on regulations
- Bills would have to get through all 3 bodies
I think the problem there is that the bodies who aren’t assigned to look at a regulatory or economic issue might see things through that lens and then use their own area to make a justification. That’s what people generally do today. Presuppose a conclusion and then make up the reasoning for why their conclusion is right.
I still like the idea, though.